Motorcycle Security Reminder
North Wales Police are reminding motorcyclists to take security measures to reduce the risk of their vehicle being stolen.
There are a number of ways that you can help to make the theft of your vehilce more difficult, or recovery of it easier.
- Have an approved electronic immobiliser professionally fitted.
- If you have a security device fitted, always use it. A wide variety of locks can be used, such as chains or padlocks, disc locks and D locks.
- Secure your motorbike to a solid object that can’t be moved.
- Always put a steering lock on.
- When not in use, put it in a garage or secure outbuilding with a fixed or ground anchor. Fit a good lock and an alarm system to your garage or outbuilding.
- Don’t leave your garage open and make sure your vehicle is covered, even when you are at home. Some motorbikes and scooters are stolen to order, so a motorbike spotted by a thief could be stolen later.
- Mark your motorbike with its vehicle identification number (VIN).
- Think about where you park your bike; use a parking space built specifically for motorbikes or scooters. They will have stands or security loops.